STI Request for Proposal
Please submit a separate form for each proposal. Proposal should be in legislative format and in mandatory language. Incomplete proposals will not be accepted for review.
Submissions will be accepted until Friday, October 21, 2022.
- Indicate the number and title of the document. Also indicate the specific section or paragraph that the proposed amendment applies to.
- Check the appropriate box to indicate whether this proposal recommends adding new text, revising existing text, or deleting text.
- In the space identified as “Proposal” indicate the exact working you propose as new or revised text, or the text you propose be deleted.
- In the space title “Rationale” state the problems which will be resolved by your recommendation and give the specific reason for your proposal. The rationale shall be as detailed and persuasive as possible so as to convince manufacturers of the necessity for the revision. Justification for the revision should include the following:
- Why does STI want to make this change?
- Is a safety issue involved? If so, what safety issue?
- If a clarification is involved, what was unclear in the original text?
- Will this revision harmonize with other standards?
- If the proposal is the result of a code change, what was the reason for the code change?
- Include copies of test results, research paper, experience, or other materials that substantiate your recommendation.
- Submit all contact information with the proposal. Please indicate if supplementary materials (photographs, diagrams, reports, etc.) are required and STI/SPFA will reach out to obtain a copy.
Please contact Joe Mentzer, STI/SPFA Standards Engineer, at 224-286-6469 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.